Random Posts

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Rabbits and Retards at Chess Hotel

I put Chess Hotel on this Blog because it’s quick and easy to sign on and play there. I’ve never been real good at Blitz Chess…when Howard Staunton once said of a rival, “He couldn’t beat an old woman.” He must have had me in mind. As a correspondence player I need three days to think about a move, not 3 seconds.

Still I’ve played 5 or 6 games at Chess Hotel…bunny bashing actually; most players aren’t very strong, but that’s OK because I realize everybody who reads this Blog is not an expert player and may not take the game seriously. That’s fine. There’s nothing wrong with playing chess just for fun even if you’re not very good at it and Chess Hotel meets that need. So if you want a quick game with no hassel CH is fine. Of course if you take your chess really seriously, there are better sites.

That takes care of the ‘rabbits.’ So what’s with the retarded people? They’re the guys who did like my opponent did in this game. When he dropped the piece at the end of the game, he just let his remaining 6 minutes run out while I sat there. Not that I mind all that much but I just don’t see the point of not resigning when you have a lost game. But that’s me and I belong to another generation of players.

Anyway. As I pointed out in an earlier post, I wasn’t very well booked up on the 2N’s Defense. This time I was ready for it but my opponent avoided it and played the Giuoco Piano. This guy was rated about 1550, so he was my strongest opponent on CH to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment