Random Posts

Friday, July 16, 2010

Idiots on Yahoo

As I've said before, I'm not very good at blitz, but I've been playing a few 10 minute games (preferably with an increment) and 20 minute games on both chess.com and Yahoo. I’ve never heard anything good about Yahoo chess and I can see why.

After accepting people’s open challenges, I keep getting kicked off the table. Apparently if they think your rating is too high and they might lose, they don’t want to play. We’re not talking monster ratings here…after about 20 games I only weigh in at mid-1600,s. I get a lot of disconnects also…when guys start losing they just abandon the game. I also challenged some guy rated around 2100 and he also kicked me off the table...don't know what he was afraid of. Losing a gob of Yahoo rating points while only getting a couple if he won? Those Yahoo points must be more valuable than I thought.

This afternoon I was playing Black against some retard in a 10-minute game. He played the Tromp and I met it with a very conservative line and the game was pretty equal for about 40-some moves then he blundered a B and resigned. I thought his play was pretty good except for that mistake so I send him a message saying “gg” for good game. That started his diatribe of name calling…guess he was upset. I didn’t reply, but the more I thought about his nasty attitude the more annoyed I got.

So anyway I challenged him to another game and he played the Tromp again only this time I met it with the rather unorthodox line: 1.d4 d5 2.Bg5 f6. In this game he didn’t play so good and I built up a strong center culminating in a mating attack. Unfortunately he left the table before I could make a snide remark of my own. Something like: ha-ha-ha! you should study tactics more. i’m going to go find a table with a GOOD player now...bye. Anyway, you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment