Random Posts

Friday, December 23, 2011

Another Archival Game

In the waning days of my military “career” I was stationed at the US Marine Corps base at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.  One evening I returned from the mess hall to find a young man waiting for me who said he had heard I played chess. We retreated to an empty office and sat down to play what was to be the first of many games until I was discharged a few months later.  Unfortunately, I have never been able to contact my opponent, but I believe he eventually became a dentist in New York.

The game was actually pretty well-played and has some instructional value.

Sidebar:  I mentioned the Kashdan-Reshevsky match in the notes and there is a really nice Blog called Kindred’s Kaleidoscope that has some of the games from the match as well as other great stuff.  Pay it a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment